EAST CAROLINA (9-10, 2-4) at WICHITA STATE (8-10, 0-5) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    We normally have at least 3 if not 4 players just standing stationary and barely moving for the possession. Normally if there is some movement, its a light jog to the other side of the court to get out of the way of the ball handler. You rarely see us cut, or even just fully run on offense. Its just a light jog going through the motions.
    Don't you get it?? Thats what we are working on coming out after halftime!

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Don't you get it?? Thats what we are working on coming out after halftime!
      IT ALL MAKES SENSE ....

Taking the Drax approach. If they stand still enough and move slow enough, they become invisible!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Been like this all year. It's like they get high at half
        In case they got sped up in the first half, Mills gives them Benadryl and valium to calm them down at the half.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I'm no metrics or analytics guy, but I can look at the team and with no details of the metrics or the GPS location where a player should take all his shots, I can see what needs to happen in practice.

Passing and dribbling.

Why should players in games waste all that energy cutting to the basket when the pass will be any of the following

1) Not made
          2) Made too late to be effective
          3) Be so far off to the side that catching it takes the cutter out of position to score
          4) Leads the player under the basket or out of bounds
          5) Right on time hitting the cutter iin the ankles
          6) Intercepted

Doesn't matter what offensive scheme you're running if the players can't dribble or pass the ball.

Then there's Pohto spotting up 5' from the sidelines for his "entry" pass and then trying to dribble in while backing down his defender. the secondary defender swoops in from Pohto's blind side and steals the ball half the time.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
            My gosh that is pathetic and embarrassing. That alone should warrant a tongue lashing by the coach. It’s as if they couldn’t care less. Has the coach completely lost this team—- already?
            I doubt Mills even notices

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post
              Not just season to season, but a lot of times game to game.
              Along these lines ...

i remember in a Gregg Marshall interview he said that coming out of Winthrop he felt shell shocked his first season with WSU because of the incredible difference in emphasis in defense required to excel in the Missouri Valley Conference, and also how much more advanced the scouting was.

Hopefully HCPM is going through a similar fast learning curve coming out of the Summit.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post
                How has he done this? By adjusting his "system" to his personnel. Not just season to season, but a lot of times game to game.

I don't think it's asking too much for a coach being paid 1M/yr to do the same.
                This story provides hope for WSU, but it's incomplete.

This coach went 2-18 in his first season as head coach, and 3-17 in his second season. He had to create a culture, and no game to game adjustments to suit his personnel made a bit of difference initially.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

This story provides hope for WSU, but it's incomplete.

This coach went 2-18 in his first season as head coach, and 3-17 in his second season. He had to create a culture, and no game to game adjustments to suit his personnel made a bit of difference initially.
                  There's definitely some truth to that. But he was also fresh out of college & a first time HC. No doubt he learned a tremendous amount those first two seasons. Unfortunately, Paul Mills is a pretty seasoned coach at this point. Maybe he's facing some challenges in scheme & personnel at this level that he's never faced prior. If that's the case, let's hope he's a fast learner.

Comment

Working...
                  X